So the right wing news has put forth another falsehood. This time I took the screen shot after posting my reply
What my reply was.
Wow! Let’s look at this misleading picture. Now lets get some facts.
1) According to 2014 Census Data there are 206,072,000 registered voters in the US.
2) Cost to get a voter registration in the US $0.00
3) States that won’t allow you to vote with your voters registration? 20.
4) India requires you to fill out a form 6 in order to get a voter ID. You can see one here.
6) Number of provinces in India that require Real ID or something other than a voter ID? 0.
7) In the US the Real ID laws are now being stuck down by judges as suppressive. The federal judge in the Wisconsin case said the following in her ruling.
“But no matter how imprecise my estimate may be, it is absolutely clear that Act 23 will prevent more legitimate votes from being cast than fraudulent votes.”
The facts are quite simple the republican party doesn’t want the poor, elderly, or non whites to vote. They have shown that time and time again with things like the Real ID laws the limiting of early voting, and the restrictions on registering to vote. If they could find a way to strike down the 19th amendment they would